- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Awards $4.8 Million in recreational Trail Grants to Texas Communities
- Boaters Urged to “Clean, Drain, and Dry” to Stop the Spread of Aquatic Invasive Species
- Kemp’s Ridley Sea Turtle Nest Found at Galveston Island State Park for the First Time in a Decade
Bigger better bass!
A new era of Toyota ShareLunker is underway! The year-round season began Jan. 1, and anglers who catch a bass that's at least 8 lbs. or 24" can enter their catch online or in the ShareLunker app. Participants will receive a catch kit, achievement decal, ShareLunker gear, and entry into a drawing for prizes including a $5,000 shopping spree!
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
Spill Recovery, History Connection & Water for Wildlife
When an oil spill affects our rivers, creeks or coastline, meet the team that steps in to investigate the impacts to fish and wildlife. Through his time with a group of Buffalo Soldier re-enactors, a young man learns about these accomplished outdoorsmen of days past. Guzzlers in the desert provide water for thirsty wildlife.
The Hunt For the Bat Falcon
When a new species shows up, birders race to catch a glimpse.“Pull over! Pull over!” My heart thumping, I quickly steer the car off the road and turn into the entrance of the Rio Grande Valley's Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, where a rare raptor has recently been sighted.
Protect the Lakes You Love
Invasive species like giant salvinia and zebra mussels can ruin fishing, boating and swimming for everyone. You can't always tell if a lake is infested with invasive species, and even a small piece left on your boat or gear can infest another lake. That's why it's so important to always clean drain and dry your boat, trailer and gear before traveling from lake to lake.