- TPW Commission Approves Purchase of Fairfield Lake State Park
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Awards $5.14 Million in Recreational Trail Grants to Texas Communities
- Game Warden Daron Blackerby Recognized as Texas Wildlife Officer of the Year
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
Bird Island Guardians, Ebel Grasslands & San Angelo State Park
Meet the people saving an eroding island for nesting birds, in honor of a past protector. Texas′ tallgrass prairies have mostly disappeared, but the Ebel family is working to restore their piece of prairie to what it once was. Travel to San Angelo State Park where wide-open spaces abound and where visitors can hike, bike, or gallop across more than 50 miles of trails.
100 Years of Texas State Parks
As Texas State Parks celebrate a century of stewarding the most beloved public lands in the state, let's jump into the time machine to see how it all began. Start up your Model-T ($360), fry a fresh chicken for your wicker picnic basket and bring along a wide-brimmed straw hat. Get ready for a bumpy ride. Back then, Texas had only 100 miles of paved highway.