- Summer Photo Contest Winner Chosen; “Fall in Love With Your Park” is Final Theme
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Minority Outdoor Alliance Partner for Minority Outdoor Festival in Cedar Creek
- Emergency Rule Adopted, New Surveillance Zone Created in Kimble County
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
A Weekend at Ray Roberts Lake State Park
Spend a full 24 hours at Ray Roberts Lake State Park and explore why camping families, biking clubs, horse riders, dog walkers and anglers choose to spend their leisure time at this multi-faceted park north of Denton. While the large lake and oak-covered hills that make up the park feel far away from urban life, this escape is surprisingly close to the bustling cities of Dallas and Fort Worth.
In The Footsteps of Texas Dinosaurs
Dinosaur tracks across Texas reveal secrets of ancient inhabitants. I'm tracking reptilian giants in the wild at Dinosaur Valley State Park.Park ranger Zach Riggs leads me down a steep trail to the Paluxy River to view the main track site and a spot where traveling paleontologist Roland T. Bird discovered the world's first sauropod tracks in 1938.