Primitive Campsites (Hike-in)
- People per Site: 6
- Number of Sites: 40
Hike in to primitive camping areas one to three miles. Backpacking equipment required. Please practice Leave No Trace principles as the park contains sensitive natural and cultural resources. Off-trail hiking and rock climbing prohibited. All fires prohibited; cooking requires containerized fuel stove. All trash must be carried out and disposed of responsibly.
Pets allowed on leash/please pick up and dispose of pet waste properly. Maximum six people per site; each primitive area accommodates numerous sites.
- Area A - lower elevation, on East Trail, proximity to Sabinal River, composting toilet on site
- Area B - higher elevation, 100 yards off East Trail
- Area C - lower elevation, on East Trail, proximity to ponds, composting toilet on site
- Area D - lower elevation, on West Trail
- Area E - higher elevation, 100 yards off West Trail, short hike to composting toilet
- Area F - higher elevation, 100 yards off West Trail, short hike to composting toilet
- Area G - lower elevation, on West Trail Loop
- Area H - higher elevation, on West Trail Loop
Note: Information and prices are subject to change. Please call the park or park information (1-800-792-1112) for the latest updates. The daily entrance fee is charged in addition to any facility fees, unless otherwise stated. A Texas State Park Pass will allow you and your guests to enjoy unlimited visits for 1-year to more than 90 State Parks, without paying the daily entrance fee, in addition to other benefits.
Pets are not allowed in any Texas State Park buildings. For other general pet restrictions check the Texas State Park Regulations. For park specific pet restrictions contact the park.
Call the park or park information (1-800-792-1112) for more information.