- TPWD Closing Oyster Harvest Area in San Antonio Bay
- 2022 Toyota ShareLunker Legacy Class Season Kicks Off with Pair of Entries from O.H. Ivie
- Texas Game Warden’s Investigation Results in Organized Crime Ring Bust and Multiple Arrests
Alternatives to doing business in person with TPWD.
- Online Boat Registration
- Renew registration, obtain replacement documents and more online.
See available online boat registration options
- Mail-in Boat Requests
- Mail ownership transfer transaction requests to your nearest TPWD Law Enforcement Office:
- Contact TPWD Boat Section
- (800) 262-8755
- Fishing & Hunting Licenses
- Online purchase of licenses, stamps, tags & packages.
Buy fishing & hunting licenses
- Outdoor Annual
- Summary of Hunting, Fishing and Boating Regulations
View the Outdoor Annual or Download the app
- Boater Education
- Online courses are available for required boater education.
See available boater education courses
Law Enforcement Contacts
Bikepacking Journey, Oyster Farming Fan & Conservation Art
Off-road bicycling meets backpacking, as a group tests their endurance and documents their journey. Meet a woman who hopes to help oyster reefs by designing an oyster-farming program for Texas. An artist captures nature in a lithograph, while raising funds for conserving natural places.
Looking Back At Snowmageddon
Years from now, we'll be telling our grandchildren about the big winter storm of 2021. How we nearly froze in our own homes with no power or heat for an entire week. How we melted snow for water and sat in our cars to run the heater and check the outside world on our phones. How the birds frantically mobbed our feeders when snow blanketed every morsel of natural food and how every green thing looked dead when the snow finally melted.
Protect the Lakes You Love
Invasive species like giant salvinia and zebra mussels can ruin fishing, boating and swimming for everyone. You can't always tell if a lake is infested with invasive species, and even a small piece left on your boat or gear can infest another lake. That's why it's so important to always clean drain and dry your boat, trailer and gear before traveling from lake to lake.
More Than Big Bucks
At the Texas Big Game Awards, it's great to harvest a huge trophy, but the real winner is wildlife conservation. “Yeah, but nothing's ever gonna top that crazy mule deer of David's back in 2001,” one hunter tells the others gathered around the post-hunt campfire, vainly attempting to use his fingers and some broken twigs to describe the nontypical antlers.