WL Diversity logo
Contact Information

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Wildlife Diversity Permits
4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744


Wildlife Diversity Permits: Wildlife Rehabilitation Permits

Regulations and Restrictions

Prospective Wildlife Rehabilitators

Current Wildlife Rehabilitators

Found Abandoned, Orphaned or Injured Wildlife

Bird Permits: Migratory Birds

If you plan to apply for a permit that includes the authority to handle migratory birds (rehabilitation, educational display of birds, or scientific collecting of migratory bird species), you will also be required to apply for a federal permit. Applications and further information can be found at U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Permits.

Accessibility — These forms are provided for your convenience only. If they are inaccessible to you for any reason, or if you have questions regarding these permits, the regulations or application process, please e-mail wpoffice@tpwd.texas.gov.