Powderhorn Cast and Blast
This hunting and fishing extravaganza offers one lucky winner and a guest hunting for white-tailed deer, exotics and waterfowl—on the epic 15,000+ acre Powderhorn WMA in Calhoun County — along with a guided fishing trip on Matagorda Bay.
Note: Big Time Texas Hunts entries will be available again starting May 15, 2022.
The lucky winner will:
- Be the second winner ever to win this package that offers you (and a guest) hunting and fishing opportunities galore.
- Hunt whitetail, sambar, and axis deer, plus a variety of waterfowl.
- Fish for redfish, speckled trout and more from shore along 11 miles of Matagorda Bay front and on a fully guided bay fishing trip. Includes all bait, tackle and cleaning and packaging of your catch.
- Enjoy complimentary meals and lodging on site. The historic ranch house, which overlooks the bay, has been on the property for over 80 years and has been recently renovated inside.
- Benefit from the expertise of WMA staffers who will guide you throughout all aspects of the fishing and hunting trips.
- Bring along a hunting/fishing guest.
Powderhorn Wildlife Management Area - coastal Texas on Matagorda Bay
(formerly Powderhorn Ranch)
The 15,000-acre Powderhorn WMA in Calhoun County is one of the largest remaining tracts of pristine coastal prairie in Texas and includes unspoiled coastal forests of live oak and intact wetlands, along with 11 miles of bay front on Matagorda Bay.
Public access to Powderhorn WMA, which was donated to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department in 2018, is limited. The property provides habitat for hundreds of species of birds and animals, including the endangered whooping crane and has thousands of acres of freshwater wetlands and salt marshes that offer vital fish and wildlife habitat.