One winner and a guest will enjoy a unique three-day gator hunting trip, pursuing legendary alligators at the J.D. Murphree Wildlife Management Area on the Gulf Coast.
Note: Big Time Texas Hunts entries will be available again starting May 15, 2022.
The lucky winner and their guest will:
- Have the opportunity to harvest one trophy alligator
- Receive a bonus early season teal hunt
- Be provided all necessary equipment and the expertise of professional guides
- Choose either hook and line or archery as their method of hunting
- Enjoy three days of food and lodging at the J.D. Murphree Wildlife Management Area
- Receive gator hide removal
- Take an airboat tour of the marsh to view alligators
J.D. Murphree WMA - Texas Gulf Coast
Just outside the coastal town of Port Arthur, J.D. Murphree Wildlife Management Area offers 24,500 acres of highly diverse wetlands to explore and hunt. Along with the alligator hunt, winners will have the opportunity to partake in an early season teal hunt.
All amenities will be provided during this September 2022 hunting trip, including lodging at the on-site bunkhouse and authentic Cajun-style cooking.
Thanks to your Big Time Texas Hunts entries, new equipment was purchased to help manage the alligator population and improve the public hunting experience at J.D. Murphree WMA. Learn more about where the money goes »