Lockhart State Park
Things to Do
Activities include swimming in the park pool, picnicking, camping, fishing, hiking, nature study, and a nine-hole golf course (the only staff-operated course in the Texas State Park System). The park has a 75-person capacity Group Recreation Hall with a kitchen that can be reserved for group use.
- Electric Carts: 9 Holes - $11; 18 Holes - $16
- Golf Club Rental - $7
- Golf Club Pull Cart Rental - $3
The park offers a variety of educational opportunities. Check the calendar for upcoming events or contact the park for special tours.
Get more information on the Civilian Conservation Corps, which helped develop this park and numerous others over 70 years ago, by visiting our CCC page that includes the interactive online exhibits and education resource, “The Look of Nature: Designing Texas State Parks During the Great Depression” and “A New Deal for Texas Parks."
- Fifth Grade Outdoor Laboratory at Lockhart State Park – Fall Journal
- Fifth Grade Outdoor Laboratory at Lockhart State Park – Spring Journal
- Ask about the Junior Ranger Explorer Packs available for free checkout at the park
Nearby attractions include Palmetto State Park, Bastrop State Park, Buescher State Park and Monument Hill/Kreische Brewery State Historic Sites. Locally, the Emanuel Episcopal Church in Lockhart is one of the oldest Protestant churches in continuous use in Texas. The Lockhart Chamber of Commerce can help you with additional items of interest.